Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day. I grew up in Mayor Richard Daley’s Chicago in the 1950s when he turned the Chicago River green on St. Patrick’s Day. Really!
There aren’t any rivers here in Las Vegas and the environmentalists squelched the idea in Chicago. But that doesn’t mean Las Vegas doesn’t know how to do St. Patrick’s Day.
I haven’t found any establishment serving FREE green beer. (The best price so far is $20 for all you can drink at the Downtown Grand.) But I have uncovered some really fun FREE things to do.
- City of Henderson St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival. There is a festival and live Irish entertainment starting today at 5 pm. and ending Sunday at 7 pm. The parade is tomorrow from 10 to noon. The Car Show is from noon-5 pm. There’s even a jig lesson tomorrow at 5 pm. At the Henderson Events Plaza.
- Fremont Street Experience. Enjoy 19 bands performing for 40 hours this week-end. The highlight of the event is the annual Las Vegas Firefighters Benefit Association St. Patrick’s Day march. Uniformed firefighters from across the country (who wouldn’t volunteer if you fight fires in say, Iowa? Yes, that’s my Vegas snark.) join our own Vegas firefighters and bagpipers. If you have never heard the County County Firefighters bagpipers, you are in for a treat. And, hey, they look great in skirts.
If you happen to drink too much of that green beer, please don’t get in your car. You have two ways to get home; one is FREE. AAA’s Tipsy Tow program will take you home FREE if you live 10 miles or closer from where you are downing all that beer. You don’t have to be a Triple A member like me. The program will operate from 6 pm Saturday until 6 am Sunday.
Lyft riders can receive a $10 discount from 8 am Saturday to noon Sunday. (I guess they assume you will start drinking earlier than the Triple AAA people estimate.) Just enter the code SPLV.
Have a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day week-end, Las Vegas.
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
[pw_map address=”200 South Water Street Henderson NV 89015″]
P.S. I fight for you when things go wrong…because they will.
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
firstname.lastname@example.org Google Hangouts
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous!
When competence AND creativity matter!
Latest posts by Beth Ellyn Rosenthal (see all)
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 31, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 24, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday! - March 24, 2023