Las Vegas is in the midst of March Madness. And while (almost) every establishment on the Strip and off has events for this hoopla around hoops, here is one that’s FREE.
Head to downtown Las Vegas for the sixth annual Downtown Hoopstown at the Fremont Street Experience. Table stakes is watching the actual basketball games. If you need to check the progress of the brackets, just look up. The Fremont Street’s Experience’s 1,500-foot-long Vista Vision canopy updates as things happen.
Other activities include:
- A nightly basketball-themed production show called “Hardwood Hotties.” It features Haley Scarnato, a finalist on American Idol season 6.
- A free-throw contest. This does cost, though. It’s $1 a throw. Baskets are 20, 25 and 30 feet.
- All the regular Fremont Street activities, which include people watching…OMG!
These tend to be just as fun as the games…because people actually believe that what happens in Vegas really stays in Vegas.
Downtown Hoopstown happens every night in Las Vegas through April 6. And I did tell you it’s free, right?
P.S. Sooo sad my Longhorns lost.
Latest posts by Beth Ellyn Rosenthal (see all)
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 31, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 24, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday! - March 24, 2023