Riddle: What do synchro (not techno!) and the 1990s have in common?
Answer: Tomorrow’s FREE synchronized swimming show at Baker Pool. Las Vegas’s local synchro swimming teams have prepared routines to 1990s music. And they plan to splash their stuff for you in their FREE show.
What is synchro anyway? According to the Southern Nevada Desert Mermaid’s (got to love the oxymoron) web site, it’s:
- A gymnast performing underwater…
- A 400-meter freestyle event in swimming with little opportunity to breathe…
- The figures, leaps, and spins of a figure skater performed in an unstable medium…
- The water polo player’s ability to emerge above the surface of the water with power and strength with an added touch of elegance…
- A dancer’s artistic flair with choreography, musical expressions, and audience contact…
- Add grace and fluidity and multiply by two, three or eight individuals synchronizing each part of every movement and that is synchronized swimming!
Tomorrow’s show will be held at Baker Pool, one of the premier swimming facilities in Las Vegas. Not only does it have a six-lane competitive pool and TWO one-meter diving boards (too high for acrophobic me!). It even has Coast Guard-approved life jackets for those who want to get wet but can’t swim.
Come support the Desert Mermaids and the Aqualillies. Yes, Virginia, there are sports as well as casinos in Las Vegas!
Have a great week-end, Las Vegas.
[pw_map address=”1100 East St. Louis Las Vegas NV 89104″]
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
THE Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
State Broker, Nevada
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
email@example.com Google Hangouts
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed since 1996: I have previous!
When competence AND creativity matter!