Nevada joined the Union on October 31, 1864. President Lincoln wanted Nevada to become a state so he could garner enough votes to abolish slavery.
Today there are tons of things to do for free to celebrate Nevada Day. And it’s Halloween. A two-fer!
Here are five cool things to do for FREE in Las Vegas to celebrate Nevada Day:
- HopeLink of Southern Nevada. Food, cake and entertainment at the Henderson Events Plaza from 10 to 4.
- The Nevada Day Parade. Downtown along Fourth Street. Starts at 10.
- The Springs Preserve. Free admission all day.
- Old Nevada Days at Tule Springs. Wear costumes depicting the state’s history. From 1 to 4.
- The National Atomic Testing Museum. Admission is free to all Nevadans today.
What’s great about Nevada is that locals get a paid day off! Of course, Alaskans have it the best. They get a check every year from the state’s oil revenues. But here in Las Vegas we’ll take a free day off.
Helping you live like a local in Las Vegas.
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
The Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
Managing Broker, Nevada
702.324.6911 Talk. Text. Viber (SMS)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Google Hangouts)
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous