My mamma always had to force me to eat my veggies. That’s because veggies in the Mad Men era were tasty and soggy.) But now I can’t stop eating ’em (even though they are not potato chips), thanks to chef/owner Kenny Chye. His restaurant, Veggie House, serves out-of-this-world vegan and vegetarian food Chinese style.
Chye became a vegetarian by default. He discovered he had high cholesterol, so he switched to a vegetarian diet. He looked good and felt better. An ardent convert, he opened the Chinatown restaurant in April. The menu features 1oo dishes made with vegetables, seaweed and tofu. My favs:
- Braised tofu with vegetables
- Crispy, spicy eggplant
- Curry chicken with potato (no chicken–soy made to taste like chicken.)
Lunch is a bargain. There are 20 offerings for $6.50.
The restaurant is open seven days a week from 11:28 am to 9:33 pm. (Chye says eight and three are lucky numbers in the Chinese culture.) It’s located at 5115 Spring Mountain Road.
((hugs)) from the Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
Managing Broker, Nevada
702.324.6911 Cell and text
Latest posts by Beth Ellyn Rosenthal (see all)
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 31, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 24, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday! - March 24, 2023