Thankfully we have gotten to Four-Letter Friday. Since FREE is my favorite four-letter word, I share great things to do in Las Vegas that don’t cost even one cent.
First Friday is back! First Friday is a free Las Vegas street festival that started a decade ago to showcase artwork and musicians in the Arts District off downtown. The festival happens the first Friday of every month in a nine-block area of downtown.
After an unheard of hiatus because the Fourth of July was a Friday, First Friday in downtown Las Vegas is BACK tonight!
Tonight’s theme is Wonderland. Artists from across the Las Vegas valley have set up interactive installations that focus on surrealism (After all, marijuana is still not legal here in Nevada.) They should be wild because they are vying for a $10,000 commission to create a special work for another First Friday.
Come to see:
- Star Nursery, famous for paint brush plants not painting, promises to create a life-sized fairy garden.
- Justin Lepper’s Kaleidoscope. The artist created 24 panels of LED lights that span 16 feet which he paired with music. Reminds me of a trip I took in 1969. Oops did I say that?
There will be food trucks, street dancing, craft vendors, and because it’s Friday, alcohol booths.
Warning: If you don’t like crowds, don’t come. The typical turnout is 30,000 in downtown Las Vegas.
What’s not free is parking downtown. Here’s how to park for free: Take a shuttle. Big Bus Las Vegas has two routes and runs from 4:3o-11:30 p.m. You can wait either at the El Cortez Hotel in downtown Las Vegas or my favorite, the Government Center Parking Lot at 500 S. Grand Central Parkway.
Hoping to make your time in Las Vegas more entertaining. Call me, text me, email me or Hang Out with me if you have any questions!
The Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
702.324.6911 Talk. Text. Viber (SMS)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Google Hangouts)
@yale 1974 Twitter
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous
Latest posts by Beth Ellyn Rosenthal (see all)
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 31, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday - March 24, 2023
- FREE Fun in Las Vegas: 4-Letter Friday! - March 24, 2023