The Academy of Country Music (ACM) is in town this week-end because Sunday night is its Awards show at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino. So there are tons of country concerts, all y’all, this week-end. Alas, most sport with Texas-sized ticket prices. 🤠
But your humble scribe (that would be me) has found you two FREE shows with some headliner names.
Meander over to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino for two Nashville Unplugged shows this week-end. The show got it name because the performers all fly in from Nashville. And they all play acoustic guitars or the piano.
Aaron Benward, a Nashville country song writer, hosts his usual Friday Nashville Unplugged show at Rhythm and Riffs Lounge. Benward has toured with Rascal Flats, Sugarland, Keith Urban and Tim McGraw.
Danny Myrick and Travis Howard are his special guests. This means they not only riff with him but sing with him too. 🎸
The hosts interview their guest songwriters, who have penned songs you know, love and can sing along to. Tonight’s guests include:
- Dennis Matkosksy, who writes for Keith Urban. But you also know his music because he wrote “Flashdance…What a Feeling” 🎶
- Michael Hardy, who writes for Florida Georgia Line
- Angie Keilhauer, wrote Body Like a Back Road for Sam Hunt. Yep, a woman wrote that song! She also writes for Maren Morris, John Mayer and Brett Young.
Not too shabby, huh.
Because this is ACM week-end, Nashville Unplugged is hosting a SECOND show Saturday night. Saturday’s line-up includes:
- Adam Hambrick, who penned Justin Moore’s No. 1 hit Somebody Else Will🎙️
- Steve Dorff, who wrote the music for Reba (the TV series), Murder She Wrote and the original Murphy Brown
- Bailey Bryan, who Billboard named one of the “15 Country Artists to watch in 2018.”
What’s sooo kewl about Nashville Unplugged is you are up close and personal with the performers. The lounge is small and intimate. You hear both great stories and great music. That’s why it’s subtitled, “The stories behind the songs.”
Nashville Unplugged has always been FREE from day one when the show debuted at Green Valley Ranch Station Casino eight years ago. 🎤 The show starts at 8.
P.S. You will have to pay for parking. Don’t get me started.
[pw_map address=”3950 South Las Vegas Boulevard NV 89119″]
Have a great week-end, Las Vegas! 😀
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
Your Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
firstname.lastname@example.org Google Hangouts
Henderson Homes & Lifestyle Facebook bid-ness page
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous!
When competence AND creativity matter!