I don’t know how you feel about enjoying a FREE outdoor festival with 29,000 other people. But I’m in!
I’ll be joining the throngs for the Summerlin Festival of Arts Saturday and Sunday. Here’s what’s happenin’:
- Art lovers. More than 100 artists will showcase their works. And they are not all from Las Vegas. This festival attracts artists from all over America because the word has gotten out that people in Summerlin have money!
- Classic car enthusiasts. I will never stop loving my dad’s 1968 Mustang. The “Art of the Classic Car” show will be showcasing a lot of these vintage beauties. I will pack my drool bucket.
- Cooks. The weekly Farmer’s Market is stepping up its offerings. Forget Smith’s when you can buy tomatoes grown in the rich soil of… Pahrump. (Don’t harrumph. Most of the Strip’s famous restaurants get their fresh produce from farmers in Pahrump. Really!)
- Live demonstrations. Want to learn how to decoupage pumpkins? Make paper flowers? Design costumes? Well, you’re in luck…’ cause Halloween is just 20 days away!
- Kids. The Discovery Museum has organized all the children’s activities. The requisite face painters and balloon artists will be there. But are the kinder interested in robots? Or the NASA Mars lander? The Nevada Society of Professional Engineers will teach the how to build a Hoop glider. (Will somebody ‘splain me Lucy what a Hoop glider is? I took physics for poets….)
- Sports fans. These days this is not an oxymoron in Las Vegas. Want to meet players from the Las Vegas Aviators? (who play ball across the street.) Or the Las Vegas Lights and the Las Vegas Aces? UNLV athletes will be there too.
- Music lovers. FREE concerts from Jeremy Cornwell, Jase Naron, Adena Sampson, Gryson Bos, Ilan Dvir-Djerassi and Rich Mann.
I did say all this was FREE, right? And so is the ample parking.
Most of the festival happens on The Lawn from 10-5 both days. The owners will park their classic cars along Festival Plaza Drive.
If you prefer to stay at home with your dog or cat, there’s a FREE event for you too. It’s the Festival of Rescued Animals. Sage folks from the Las Vegas local rescues will be there to teach you how to foster and adopt animals. I’ve rescued every one of my fur babies and it’s a great way to go.
The Festival is Saturday from 10 to 3 at Exploration Park on Buffalo Drive.
Have a GREAT week-end, Las Vegas!
[pw_map address=”1980 Festival Plaza Las Vegas NV 89135″]
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
YOUR Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
email@example.com Google Hangouts
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
Henderson Homes & Lifestyle Facebook bid-ness page
@ yale1974 Twitter
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous!
When competence AND creativity matter!