Las Vegas is one of the entertainment capitals of the world. But ticket prices can be spendy. This column is dedicated to finding FUN things to do in Las Vegas FREE!
This week the week-end is actually on Tuesday, because it’s New Years Eve! You can get front row seats to see Lady Gaga’s show Jazz+Piano for $845 per. (Amazing show. But I went on a boring Sunday night and it only cost $215…. But I digress.)
Most parties on and off the Las Vegas Strip cost $100 and up. Here are a lucky seven options to have a great night out for FREE.
- Fireworks. The Big Kahuna, America’s Party 2020, goes off at the stroke of midnight. Enjoy 80,000 (yes, 80,000. That’s NOT a typo) fireworks during the eight-minute show. (Fireworks by Grucci claim it’s the biggest fireworks show in the nation.) If you are actually on the Strip, just look up. But you can enjoy the show anywhere in the valley. Try the US Post office parking lot on Amador in Henderson or anywhere along Decatur in the southwest. Or find someone who has Strip views and watch from their balcony.
- Downtown Grand. (Downtown) It’s Taco Tuesday! Expect pop-up performances and giveaways. DR Five hosts. The pre-party starts at 5 pm. Plus you can walk outside to the Fremont Street Experience and see the new Viva Vision, which just got 16.4 million new pexels. And you don’t have to wait until 2 am to drive home!
- Green Valley Ranch Resort. (Henderson) If a ballroom party is your thing, head to the Estancia Ballroom. A DJ will spin dance music. You’ll get party favors and a FREE glass of champagne at midnight. There will be a cash bar, too. But the party is FREE! And so is the parking.
- Emerald Island Casino (Downtown Henderson) How about gambling the year away? The old-style locals casino (that means FREE parking!) is passing around cake, Irish coffee, and nibbles along with party favors to its gamblers. There will be a $1,100 super bonus multiplier wheel of cash every 20 minutes 6 pm to midnight. Better yet, you can memorialize your evening with a FREE souvenir photo (from 7 to 10.)
- Fiesta Rancho. (Las Vegas/north) The casino is hosting a block party at Cabo’s Lounge. Music starts at 8:30 and blasts until 1 am. FREE parking.
- Siena Italian Restaurant (Las Vegas/southwest) How about some FREE music along with dinner (that you do have to pay for.) Siena, the authentic trattoria on west Sahara, is having a New Year’s party with the Vegas Good Fellas, a six-man singing group specializing in rock, jazz and swing. They sing Tony Bennett and the Beatles with a little Rolling Stones thrown in. All the tunes guaranteed danceable! Party starts at 9 and ends at 1.
- The Orleans. (Las Vegas/southwest) Envy performs at the Bourbon Street Lounge starting at 9. FREE parking.
Happy New Year, Las Vegas!
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
YOUR Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
firstname.lastname@example.org Google Hangouts
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous.
When competence AND creativity matter!